Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a disability benefit. You can get PIP if you need help with the extra cost of living because of ill health or disability. This page explains what PIP is and how you can apply.
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) helps with the extra costs you have because of ill health or disability.
- PIP will replace Disability Living Allowance for people of working age (16 to 64 years).
- PIP is made up of 2 parts, ‘daily living’ and ‘mobility’. These are known as components.
- Each component can be paid at either a ‘standard’ or ‘enhanced’ rate.
- You will need to fill in a form to say how your mental illness affects your daily activities.
- You may have to go to a face to face medical assessment.
- Try to get supporting evidence from your health care professionals.
For more information please download the PDF version of this page using the button below.