No matter how bad things are, we can help people severely affected by mental illness to improve their lives. We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England.
People with experience of mental illness are at the heart of everything we do. They shape our expert advice, information and training, our 300 services and groups, and they drive our campaigning to change the law and tackle discrimination.
We know that people severely affected by mental illness can have a good quality of life. Our work to achieve this is guided by seven core values:
- Commitment. We work tirelessly to provide support for everyone severely affected by mental illness.
- Equity. We believe that in a world where discrimination and disadvantage exist treating people with equity is critical to ensure justice and fairness for all.
- Expertise. We constantly use our expertise to provide practical and personal support for people who are severely affected by mental illness.
- Hope. We offer hope of a better quality of life for all those severely affected by mental illness.
- Openness. We are open and transparent in all our work with beneficiaries, supporters, partners and the public to achieve change for people severely affected by mental illness.
- Passion. We are passionate about leading the way to a better quality of life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.
- Understanding. People who are severely affected by mental illness are at the heart of everything we do in our organisation – our membership, our governance and our workforce.
If you would like to learn more about what Rethink Mental Illness offers, please download our About Rethink Mental Illness guide.
Our vision & impact
Our vision is for equality, rights, the fair treatment and maximum quality of life for all those affected by mental illness, their carers, family and friends. As one of the largest charitable providers of services for people living with mental illness, we are well placed to make a direct impact on the care people receive.
Read about our vision Our vision & impact
Rethink Mental Illness was formed almost 50 years ago by a group of inspiring people who were caring for a loved one living with schizophrenia. Since then, the experiences and knowledge of carers and people living with mental illness have been vital in helping our organisation improve the lives of thousands of people every year.
Explore our history Our history
Every single person who is part of our incredible team plays a vital role in helping us deliver our mission: to lead the way to a better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.
Meet our team Our people